Today, there aren’t very many cosmetic or dental health issues a trained dentist can’t fix.
That’s a pretty bold statement, but the truth is modern dentistry has produced a number of technologies, material and techniques to help us treat a wide variety of oral health and appearance issues. Here are a few examples of what cosmetic dentistry can do for you:
• Dental veneers are ultra-thin porcelain shells that can be coloured to match your natural teeth. In many cases they are very effective at covering up discolorations, and fixing gaps, chips and cracks
• Dental bonding uses composite resin hardened under a special light to cover up flaws and fix imperfections
• Dentist supervised teeth whitening is very a cost-effective way brighten teeth that have been stained by foods or drinks, or have yellowed with age
Tooth reshaping can change the shape, length or surface of an individual tooth to correct appearance problems as well as bite alignment issues
• A dental crown covers or caps a damaged or discolored tooth to improve its strength and appearance
• A dental implant uses a titanium post to replace the roots of a missing tooth. The post is topped with a dental crown to replace the tooth itself
• A dental bridge can also restore a missing tooth by anchoring a replacement tooth onto adjacent, healthy teeth or dental implants
Today’s orthodontics come in a variety of forms to straighten crooked teeth less noticeably than in years past
If you would like to enhance your smile for cosmetic reasons, health reasons or both, Charlotte dentist Dr Kathryn Sudikoff would love to help you achieve your goals. To learn more about today’s cosmetic dental treatment options, please schedule a free personalized info session.